*There are affiliate links included in this article and I will receive compensation if you use them*
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Business: Affiliate marketing training
Sector: Education, Online Learning
Price: Free for seven days after which $49 per month (Read the article to see how YOU can get a discount)
Score: (4 out of 5 green smileys)
There are thousands of bloggers online who ask the same question a thousand times a day – “How do I make money with my blog?”. Carson and Kyle answer that question and more with their online business program and e-course: “Wealthy Affiliate”.
What Is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is a program that focuses on affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is where someone is paid a small fee to promote another company’s product/service on their website through reviews, banner placement, video etc. Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways to make money off blogs although many bloggers have deemed it the shakiest/unpredictable method of doing so. Wealthy Affiliate teaches their students how to pick a niche, set up a website and then optimize that website to receive the most clicks (this may hit some snags now that Fred is online but we can see how it goes) and a higher ranking on Google. At the same time, WA has its own affiliate program and it has a training segment dedicated to teaching people how to market the Wealthy Affiliate Program. It is owned and run by Kyle and Carson, veterans in the affiliate marketing business and successful entrepreneurs.
- Affiliate Boot Camp – This is built for people who know they want to start an online business but have no idea what they wish to sell. This program has seven phases and they give techniques on how to sell the Wealthy Affiliate program in particular. If an affiliate (you) gets 300 persons to buy into the WA program, they are eligible to go to the WA conference held every year in Las Vegas. All expenses are paid and you can meet more affiliates and community members in person.
- Community – A group of the most supportive people who are always eager to assist and give advice; fellow WA users.
- Live Chat – Communicate with other members of the program in real time.
- Main program – Geared toward building a successful affiliate website on any topic. There are five levels with ten topics in each level. Each level has a particular set of tasks that need to be completed on your actual website before you can move on to the other phases. These tasks are for reinforcement of concepts so that no matter where you take your website to be hosted, you can always create a successful website that makes money for you.
- Premier Support – Full access to Coaching, Messaging, Live Chat, Questions, Help and Support, Resources.
- Premier Tools – Keyword Tool, Article Writing Tool, Affiliate Boot Camp, Link Tracking, Keyword lists.
- Sale Counter (Affiliate Boot Camp) – Widget that counts affiliate sales.
- SiteRubix – the official web hosting unit for Wealthy Affiliate. Free users can host up to two websites while premium members can have an unlimited number of websites.
This program is for:
- Bloggers/Companies looking for in-depth guidance on how to monetize their blog (Main Program)
- Persons who are looking to set up an online business but are unsure of what to sell (Affiliate Boot Camp)
- Persons who are looking to learn or improve upon their social media marketing techniques (Main program, Affiliate Boot Camp)
- Persons who want to learn how to create a successful website (Main program, Affiliate Boot Camp)
Pros and Cons
- You get commissions on free sign-ups AND on premium sign-ups. And this is just for referring people. You get paid just for because they’re using your link to sign up. That means you make money anyway, which is what you want to hear when you’re signing up for this kind of thing, right? “Commissions are $8 for the first month $19 special offer, then $23.50 thereafter. Starter Members earn $4 for special offer referrals, then $11.75 monthly and $87.50 yearly commissions” (source)
- The training is very detailed. They give you play by play instructions for EVERYTHING. They explain why they do certain things, what the benefits of doing those things are and what results you can expect. You really can’t go wrong once you follow their instructions to the letter.
- The community network helps in a very big way. You are surrounded by people who are going through the same thing and can offer help and support at any time. This is really important for preserving a healthy mental state and your motivation levels. Running a blog can be mentally taxing especially if you’re not seeing the results that you feel you should be seeing or worse not making any money. You need accountability partners, a cheer team and general support in order to get through this and to make this experience a bit easier.
- Training on both the main program and the Affiliate Boot Camp ends at stage one for free members. That means if you’re on a tight budget, you can’t move on in the training. The first layer is only scraping the surface of the information that you need to make your experience easier. Plus, you’ll be missing out on some great information. So really and truly, only Premium members benefit.
- The free trial lasts seven days or at the end of phase one on both the main program and the Affiliate Boot Camp, whichever one comes first for you. This is wayyyyy too short of a time to get anything done (well, I was finished with Stage One of the main program in about 3-5 days but everyone is different and won’t learn the same so it may be different for you). Trust me, after you get a taste of that first information, you’ll want everything else. I’m on the starter level. I know what I’m saying.
- I don’t know if this was happening to anyone else but the SiteRubix hosting does not do well with images. Uploading is an absolute nightmare. You keep getting this “HTTP upload error” message and you have to wait a while before you can upload even log out and log in again several times. That can be really, really frustrating. Really.
- If you look at the “Premium” list, free members miss out on so much. They’re literally behind on getting their business up and running quickly. They don’t get access to it and it puts them in a position where “You have to buy this or too bad”. It’s a lot harder for those of us on a budget to pull through.
Extremely high-quality program. From the sign-up page to the interface to the dashboard, it’s absolutely amazing – well organized and professional looking. Easy to use because Kyle, Carson and the whole WA community are there to offer assistance in real time. All you have to do is ask and they give you play by play instructions. It really doesn’t get much easier than that.
The following screenshots are actual comments by current users. Their names and faces have been blocked for the sake of honoring their privacy:
As you can see, a lot of the feedback is positive but the membership arrangement (especially in light of the great resources on the site) is a source of contention for at least one person.
The Starter Account is absolutely FREE. You don’t pay a cent. You don’t even need a credit card. But your account will only have full accessibility for seven days. After this period, you’ll be asked to pay the fee in order to get access to certain features.
The subscription price is $49 per month. BUT if you use my link to sign up and thereafter go PREMIUM, you will receive a 61% discount on the first month FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY. That’s right. You’ll only pay $19 for your first month!
I am a current user of this program. In fact, it is this program that really made me take blogging seriously because they were able to show me not only that you can make blogging a business but that it could be fun to do. That it wasn’t impossible. I started in early May and I got the first seven days. They were great. The information was helpful. The only thing was I wasn’t writing about what I loved because I was so focused on making money rather than writing from my heart and using my voice. Coincidentally, that was an important piece of advice that Kyle gave us – follow your passion. I didn’t listen and I got bored and I wasn’t trying (of course, now I have The Angry Marketer and I was able to apply what I learned to this site. It helped immensely.) so I began to get discouraged early on. But after really following their advice and paying attention, it became a lot easier for me to write and come up with content to write.
Kyle and Carson are extremely helpful and they always there to offer encouragement and support. The information is invaluable and to me, $19 for the first month and $49 thereafter is not a bad price to pay for the quality received. Even though the SiteRubix hosting program could use some work and the free membership is way behind the premium in terms of being equipped to really go after the money, it is overall a great program and I highly recommend this if you are looking to monetize your blog and to monetize it seriously.
I encourage you to try it today. You have absolutely nothing to lose. Start for free NOW!